Building. Stuff. Is. A. Slog.
My last 'building in public' post was a month ago. I don't know where this month has gone! And I've just realised we are half way through the year. Where. Has. The. Time. Gone?
This year is flying by, I think I've done ok:— Rosie Sherry ☁️🌈 (@rosiesherry) May 31, 2021
✅ quit IH
✅ hosted a course
✅ started new job
✅ kept writing @RosielandHQ
✅ kept caring for my mum
✅ then helped my sister out with an emergency health scare
✅ spoke on many podcasts
◻️ next up: house move + renovation https://t.co/jtjEIt2M8J
Right now I'm here to say, that I'm feeling the slog of building and writing consistently. It feels never ending. Not necessarily in a bad way, though sometimes I'm like, oh, I'm supposed to publish something today, oops.
Last week I missed out sending out an article for the first time since I started. I don't feel that bad about it, but still, I'm not pleased with myself. (I'm making up for it this week! 😅)
I'm not sure I've made huge progress since last month, but yet at the same time, just showing up every week is progress. I know, I know. Much of the progress I have been making has been behind the scenes. Tidying things up, fixing things that I had let slide.
In addition to publishing something every week (minus last week!), we've:
- been tidying up our Notion: adding a backlog of content, moving some sections over to the Rosie.land website
- continuous tweaks to the website: it's customer built, we've been adjusting things as we go, bit by bit. It's far from perfect, but I feel it's heading in the right direction.
- working towards a mindset of a community digital garden: this place is not about quick fire content and posts, it's all about being intentional, somewhat rough around the edges yet deep with everything we do.
- I'm happy with the direction: I feel I'm heading in the right direction, even if it is taking me longer than anticipated. However, much of the reason things are taking me longer is because I took on a full time job. I should cut myself some slack.
- The goal I'm aiming for: Rosieland is community digital garden. A community. A forum. A research project. The deepest and greatest resource out there for community builders. We are not there yet, not sure there will ever be an 'end', but I'm confident (and actually quite excited) that we're heading in the right direction. Creating and publishing consistently like no one else really is.
I'll continue, plodding along, as I always do, one day at a time. 🙌