May 15, 2021
topics: resourcesRosie Sherry
- Art of Gathering — Priya Parker
- CHAOSScast — The CHAOSS Community podcast elevates conversations about metrics, analytics, and software for measuring open source community health
- Cohere — Cohere: Our research, podcast, and blog about the future of human networks
- Communicast — A podcast about communities
- Community Pulse — Community Pulse is the spot for Developer Relations and Community professionals who are looking for information on building technical communities.
- Community Roundtable — Our podcast series with some of the smartest minds in the online community and social business space highlights what they’re working on, why they do what they do, and what advice they have for you.
- Community Signal — Community Signal is a podcast for online community professionals. Social media is set of tools. Community is a strategy you apply to those tools. Marketing brings new customers. Community helps you keep them.
- Co-matter — a series of conversations about the future of bringing people together. Hosted by Severin Matusek from co-matter, a global network exploring what makes communities thrive.
- Create Community — Chatting with fellow community builders to learn about their journeys. I’m looking forward to sharing the lessons I’ve learned along the way.
- GetTogether.fm — A show about ordinary people building extraordinary communities.
- In Before The Lock — In Before The Lock is a podcast from Erica Kuhl and Brian Oblinger about community, customer experience, and leadership at scale.
- Let's Talk Community — A podcast that shares stories about the power of communities. Worldwide, online and offline, told by community builders, managers and members.
- Memberspace — Member Maker Podcast by Memberspace
- Peers Over Beers — Fun and straight shooting podcast for enterprise community managers and social media professionals.
- Rebel Steps — Rebel Steps is a podcast for anyone who wants to take political action and doesn’t know exactly where to get started. It guides listeners through actions that go beyond protesting and calling your representatives.
- Subscription Stories — Robbie Kellman Baxter interviews the leaders of this revolution about how they’re using subscription pricing and membership models to redefine the biggest industries and generate predictable recurring revenue along the way.
- The Community Builder Show — Interview people who are connecting members of different tribes all over the world.
- The Community Corner — CMX
- The Connectors — A podcast about the people who are building and managing innovative ecosystems worldwide.
- The Keystone — A podcast for ecosystem builders.
- This Must Be The Place — A podcast about communities and the people who build, support, and live in them.
- The Conversation Factory — Better collaboration by design.
- The Lonely Hour — An exploration of loneliness and solitude.
- Australian Community Managers
- CMX — Helping Community Professionals Thrive
- Community Club — A community for community builders
- Community Builders | A Facebook group for anyone working with or building communities anywhere in the world.
- Community by Association — Connecting association community managers to information and resources that enable thriving communities
- EventProfs Connect — Eventprofs Connect is a unique event that brings together thought leaders and experts in strategic events.
- GCUC — Global Coworking Unconference Conference (GCUC)
- Swarm Conference — Australia’s flagship community management conference connects local builders, thinkers, managers and makers.
Guides & Resources
- Brick by Brick — A free guide to building awesome communities.
- Community Knowledge Share — resources and best practices from a variety of community managers for holding space and having difficult conversations
- Close Knit — Close Knit thinks, writes about and creates products for communities
- Community Rule — CommunityRule is a governance toolkit for great communities.
- Community Tool Box — Millions of people use the Community Tool Box each year to get help taking action, teaching, and training others in organizing for community development.
Facebook Community Resource — Your one-stop resource center for building a thriving community.
Learn the best tips and tools for starting, managing and growing your community
- Gathering Summit — The Gathering Summit was an online conference in April of 2019 that brought together community-builders, event designers, and clergy from all over the world for talks on community, ritual, and modern divinity.
- Liberating Structures — an alternative way to approach and design how people work together.
- Meaningness — Better ways of thinking, feeling, and acting—around problems of meaning and meaninglessness; self and society; ethics, purpose, and value.
- Microsolidarity | a small mutual aid community for people to do a kind of personal development, in good company, for social benefit.
- Nancy White: Useful Community Practices (Google Doc)
- The Citizen's Handbook
- The Community Canvas — A framework to help you build meaningful communities.
- PolicyKit: Building Governance in Online Communities — (PDF)
- Sacred Design — We explore and interpret the changing landscape of community and spiritual life.
- Purpose — Purpose supports a global community of businesses and entrepreneurs on their path towards steward-ownership.
- Service Design Tools — open collection of tools and tutorials that helps dealing with complex design challenges.
- Top Tools & Tactics to Bump Up Your Online Organizing Game — Social Movement Technologies
- Unorganized list of online facilitation resources — Howard Rheingold
- Uncommunity — A Curated Directory Of Tools And Resources To Build Internet Communities
- Tamarack Institute — The Tamarack Institute develops and supports collaborative strategies that engage citizens and institutions to solve major community issues.
- The Community playbook for Founders | Strategies and stories for founders building community-driven companies.
- The Membership Guide — Your members are waiting. Are you ready for them?
- This Too Shall Pass — A guide to mourning collective loss in the time of COVID-19
- The Membership Puzzle Project | a public research project on public service journalism that runs from May 2017 through August 2021
Managing the Virtual Commons: Cooperation and Conflict in Computer Communities Community — Peter Kollock and Marc Smith