⛅️ Good day everyone!
The real Slack conversations may be happening in the DMs
Have you looked at your Slack analytics recently? You might be surprised at what you find.
Of course, this will vary from community to community, but here is one such example from a very well established community Slack.
There are more DMs happening than conversations in the open channels. The beauty, or frustration of it is that we can't track it properly. As community builders we have no idea what is really being said.
We could choose to worry that maybe there are spammy messages going on behind the scenes. However, if you have a healthy community culture, these are normally reported and hopefully weeded out quickly.
I like to look at his with positivity: I believe people are probably finding ways to connect and chat in a deeper way. This is hopefully a sign of a healthy community.
👉 If you have a community Slack, I'd love if you could share what these stats look like for your community.
🌈 This week in Rosieland
- Let's make forums great again!
- Who is using Github discussions for building community?
- What community has changed your life? And why?
- Circle, Mighty Networks, Tribe and …?
- The long discussion of are forum platforms dead?
🗞 Rosieland Roundup
- Marketing for maintainers: Promote your project to users and contributors — Github
- Musings on Living in Community — Life Itself
- How Community Delivers Value: Introducing The Community Operating Model — Zachary Novak
- a roadmap for high-trust communities — Microsolidarity