This week in community building — Issue 92
❤️ What a wonderful throw back to the history of internet communities. What parts of them could we ever possibly bring back?
- 🌈 Live note taking — a value driven community build tactic — Rosie Sherry [Pro]
- 🌈 Curated Community Database — Rosie has been doing a few updates to this! [Pro]
- Open Source Communities Need More Safe Spaces and Codes of Conducts. Now. — Jennifer Riggins
- How process drives flywheels — Rosie Sherry
- Scaling a Product Community to 100,000 Members — Peter Yang
- The curse of upbeatism on the road to recovery — Simon Tomes 🧸
- Purpose Will Save Us From Social Media — Bill Johnston
- Discord & GitHub Help Make Online Hackathons Easier for Everyone — Discord
- All kinds of online marketplaces are creaking under scams — Matt Webb
Community Love Letters 💌 — Anna McAfee
- 081: Creating a membership community using No-Code tools - with Najva Sol — Membership Maker
- Managing a Million-Member Enterprise Tech Community with Monica Lluis — Masters of Community
- Happs raises $4.7 million for a multicast livestream platform creator community — TechCrunch
- Announcing the launch of Collectives™ on Stack Overflow — StackOverflow
- Sneaker community startup SoleSavy raises $12.5 million Series A to build an end-to-end sneakersphere — TechCrunch
- Facebook officially launches Live Audio Rooms and podcasts in the US — TechCrunch
Wanna build SaaS?
Build community first 🔥
1. get feedback on a scale 🚀
2. share your content 🦄
3. acquire new leads ❤️
This is what we did with @lemlist 3 years ago
Now we have 15k+ members (82% active members)
If u have any questions, AMA in the comments 👇 pic.twitter.com/wxfMOzNEAf
June 22, 2021
Your community objective may look very different depending on the stage of your company.
Startup: all about finding and engaging early adopters
Scale up: all about generating content & ambassadors to drive growth
Enterprise: all about providing support+success at scale
June 25, 2021
Jay Clouse 📍
A lot of paid membership communities offer both monthly and annual plans.
We do this at @teamSPI with our SPI Pro membership!
But there's no rule to say you *need* to offer a monthly plan, an annual plan, or multiple plans at all.
Here are some things to consider (thread)🧵...
June 23, 2021