🌼 Rosieland is blossoming! We've got some spring vibes going on and it feels good! Come have a look at what we found and made this week!
🌼 Rosieland is blossoming! We've got some spring vibes going on and it feels good!
This week I published a piece on Community Pairing and how to build the idea of pairs into your community strategy. And funnily enough, I happen to be pairing with Tony this week as we explore Gather — we'd love it if you joined in too!
Also on Rosieland this week:
- it's conversation first, not community first
- recording and slides from Community Marketing event
- applications for my MVC cohort are still open
- ...and help me curate a mega list of Code of Conducts...
❤️ I'm an indie creator, support my work and help me keep going by getting a paid membership.
- Decentralization for Web3 Builders: Principles, Models, How — Miles Jennings
- How to create systems for community support — Austin Robey
- Community Safety and Ignoring the World — Anil Dash
- Do yourself a favour and go find a 'third place' — Atlantic
- The big idea: how to win the fight against disinformation — The Guardian
- How to start and grow a community — Community Staples
- Community-Driven “Impact Markets” — Gideon Rosenblatt
- Communicating Major Changes to Players 🍂 — Victoria Tran
- Dunbar’s number and how speaking is 2.8x better than picking fleas — Matt Webb
- Do Yourself a Favor and Go Find a ‘Third Place’ — Atlantic
🏘 The Village
- Is anyone thinking of designing community with ‘community activities’ in mind?
- How can we make it easier to keep the community up to date on ‘all the things’?
- What do you really want from in real life events?
🛠 Resources, Tools & Communities
- Human Hotel — homesharing for your community
- Couchers — The new alternative to Couchsurfing
- Community Rules — Simple templates for great communities
- TalkBase — the first platform built for Community Operations
- WhatsApp seems ready to restrict how easily messages spread in a bid to reduce misinformation — NiemanLab
- Disinformation demands a collective defense — TechCrunch
- Circle's getting a fresh new look… and chat spaces! — Circle
- The Parentinc raises $22M led by East Ventures for its parenting community and D2C brand — TechCrunch
- Social network Peanut launches new offering to connect women with doulas, therapists and more — TechCrunch
🎙 Podcast & Videos
- Making Room for the Next Generation of Community Professionals — Community Signal
- The Sweet Sounds of Well-Run Musical Gatherings with Rafe Offer of Sofar Sounds — Community Experience
We currently have ✨ 25 people in our Rosieland Talent Pool ✨. If you're looking for your next community role then join as a candidate or get access if you are actively hiring.
- Test Kitchen - Gather Town
- Guild Community Conference
- Community Documentation — Community Opseravations
- Setting Realistic Goals, Targets, and Key Results For A Community — Feverbee