Welcome to my belonging and othering notes from the book Design for Belonging by Susie Wise. Please check out the book and the website!
These notes were created in Notion and there is the option to duplicate them for your own personal use. As with all things online, it's good etiquette to credit people who create things, please consider that when using and sharing.
I read the book last year and took a bunch of notes with the intention of publishing, but I then promptly forgot about it (🙈) until Ece Kurtaraner posted her notes on LinkedIn. So I tidied them up, and here we are!
All resources and notes related to Design for Belonging will also be logged in The Village under our async book club efforts.
What can you do with this resource?
- perhaps it helps you decide to buy or read the book
- use it as a reminder and inspiration for your daily community work
- explore ideas that you are not familiar with
- check the ideas against your current community initiatives
- create or improve your own checklist of important belonging and othering concepts
- add it to existing resources you may have
- share it with your team
- share parts that speak to you on The Village, social, or wherever
- write something about belonging (and let me know if you'd like to publish anything via Rosieland!
Have you read the book? We’d love to hear your thoughts in The Village.