In community we need to be connecting and creating paths with people constantly. To be talked about in a positive way is to feel belonging and appreciation.
When we are talked about, we are pulled in. We feel wanted and appreciated. We feel like we bring something of value.
- do an interview with them: text, podcast or video
- pull together a weekly newsletter featuring members and their content
- thank and celebrate them, privately or publicly
- give them shout outs on social media, chat spaces or forums
- write about them within your community
- summarize what they’ve said elsewhere for your community
- get creative with memes 🙃
The more you talk about people, the more they will remember you, keep coming back and hopefully help you grow by talking about how much your community cares for you.