☀️ It's proper sunny and hot in Rosieland!
How was your day today? I've had two trips to A&E for two different kids today, is this peak parenting? 😱
How to start a community
🥳 Last week someone reached out to me and said they were going to focus on the doing and the taking action to get their community going.
I realised today and after chatting with some of my indiependent friends, that it is the doing of the work that keeps me motivated. I am not happy consuming. I am happy creating (community) out of nothing.
Not doing and procrastinating the starting is a common problem. We feel like we are never ready. That there is always more to learn. And the best way to do things is just around the corner.
Let me tell you—no amount of planning has ever really led me to a great community. It is the doing of the work that will lead you to the results and answers.
Here's a tweet to inspire you to take action. Read the comments and the Quote Tweets. Add in your world view too!
🌈 In Rosieland this week
- ☁️ To build community, work within your ecosystems [Paid]
- 💭 Host > Hero
- 🏘 What does your community strategy look like now within a recession?
- 🏘 Online equivalent to a whiteboard
- 🏘 Could Facebook really get banned? (Also, privacy in communities)
- 🤝 [Job] Community Specialist — MacPaw
📰 Rosieland Roundup
- 🛠 Outverse — an interesting and new community tool combining forums, custom spaces, video and more.
- What Makes Tokenized Communities Valuable? — take a dive into how token work in web 3
- A Strategy For Making the Most of Community Health Metrics — are we all over complicating metrics?
- 10 things to consider in community building — are all these ten things on your radar?
- I'd love us all to look closer into in real life stories. We can learn a lot from stories where ‘neighbours fight against immigrants being deported and "how raising children is not an individual responsibility. It is a social one."