🎟 I'm speaking at Swarm Conf next week, join me!
The real community value is through giving on the homepage
How would you feel if you got a spot on a really high traffic website? I would like to think it would make your day, week, month or year!
Highlighting members is a much underrated 'tactic' in community building and I think we don't take it nearly far enough. It's not just about talking about people, it's about doing it in a really impactful way.
- they highlight members
- they curate their content
- they link directly to the source rather than try to keep them always on their website
- people get mentioned in their Tweets to almost 1 million followers
This is the stuff that keeps members coming back, supporting and focusing on creating real value back to the community and the ecosystem.
🌈 This week in Rosieland
Our forum has been getting hot, a bit like the weather. 💦
- I'm building a portfolio of communities [paid article]
- Is community an illusion?
- Do we need a healthy dose of realism in the community space?
- What community metrics do you actually care about?
- Circle, Mighty Networks, Tribe and …?
- What are specific things you have done to support, uplift and transform your community members?
- Ghost + Cove for community engagement?
📰 The Rosieland Roundup
- Building at the speed of belonging... surviving the speed of catastrophe — Brian Stout
- ✨ Cozy in the Crowd — New_ Public
- Great engineering cultures are built on social learning communities — Joy Liuzzo
- Discourse releases chat 👀
👋 I'm taking a break from this weekly newsletter for a couple of weeks, I'll be back soon!