🌤 Things in Rosieland are looking good, full of sunshine and hope as we look to the future.
However, things are looking different at Launch House. And I feel so sick of tech bro culture and all the sexual harassment that women, in particular, have to put up with.
But this one hits harder for me. It's not just the tech bro-ness and sexual assault, it goes deeper. It's the stealing of what community actually is. It's creating a cult in the name of community. It's creating hype to lure people in. It's performative community building. It's disgusting.
We should be doing better in 2022.
Onwards to something more rosie...
- Stop measuring community engagement by Michael Hall (+ worth checking out the commentary on The Village & Hacker News)
- Quiet Community Quitting
- [Job] Community Consultant
🗞 Rosieland Roundup
- Questioning is a Survival Skill — dr. Jane R. Shore
- Living systems grow from simple seeds — Gordon Brander
- Building a Well-Rounded Community Team — Hugh Lashbrooke
- Community-Driven Impact – A Better Way To Prove The Value of Community— FeverBee
- 📚 Inclusive Design Communities
- What I learned at Clubhouse — Anu Atluru