🌧 Good day from Rosieland!
🏘 What’s your go-to definition of community?
I came across this definition of community a few days ago and something about it stuck with me.
Partly I love the focus on a well-defined unit of culture, but it also doesn't mention the less tangible aspects of relationships, belonging and connections and instead builds upon shared aspects which are more tangible.
👉 I've started a discussion on this, let's talk about this on The Village forum.
🌈 What we've been sprinkling at Rosieland
- The Input Output Community Funnel
- How to start & run a collective?
- In 2023, what are some of the things you plan to start, stop, continue, and test with your community?
📰 Rosieland Roundup
- From 6,000 to 60: Why We're Downsizing Our Community On Purpose — a great example of more is less.
- Focusing on doing less as a Community builder — by Max Pete
- Reddit Mod Education — I always love seeing how others curate and educate members, this is one such and new example.
- Pluralistic: 19 Sep 2022 How to ditch Facebook without ditching your friends – Pluralistic: Daily links from Cory Doctorow — The question I ponder a lot, how do we get people participating in independent communities over the likes of Facebook?
- The Art of Re-Gathering | Priya Parker — From the recent CMX Summit (also check the YouTube channel for a bunch of other talks)
- Discord starts rolling out new Forum Channels to help organize conversations — I'm curious to see this in action. 👀