🌻 I like to focus on the positives and round numbers. Today I'm celebrating 150 issues of this newsletter (the total number of written posts is over 300 now!). Consistency is growth, kinda, sometimes, maybe!
❤️ ️It's️ World Mental Health Day. Take some time in your day to learn, embrace, support and have empathy for the wonderful variety of humans in this world.
Should we think of our members as citizens?
I was doing some community design research (shocker, I know) and came across this quote that stuck with me as thought provoking.
👉 What do you think about it? Is it helpful? Or distracting?
🌈 Rosieland Roundup
- 🔄 The Scheming Community Flywheel
- 💬 What are some good community building practices?
- 💬 How to start & run a collective?
- 💬 November cmgr unconference
- 💬 Should Community be placed under Marketing?
- 💬 [Hot Tip] Use audio notes in your Slack community
👩🏽💻 Community Consultant of the Rosieland Week
Sara Saunders - I partner with community teams to create and streamline operations. I love teaching how to use operations, templates, design and dashboards to support community needs.
📰 This week in community
- The DAO Contribution Funnel — Emma Kwan
- Why Communities and Cohort-Based-Courses (CBCs) Should be Besties — Noele Flowers
- Joining an Established Community — Victoria Tran
- CHAOSScast Episode 66: Deciding what metrics to measure for community managers with Bri, Lori, and Victoria
- How I Built a 200,000-Person Paid Membership Community With $0 in the Bank to Start — Allison Esposito Medina / Buffer
- Community ownership is a self-fulfilling prophecy — Flying Penguins