🌈 I spotted a rainbow this morning, good times!
I feel the community world could really do with an understanding of what community generated content they could create.
To date, I've not really come across anything that lists out the types of content we could be offering our communities. Lists are great as reminders, exploration and reference points.
This discussion lists some news article styles that have existed and been attempted. I think it's worth thinking about this from a community perspective too.
Would you add your community content ideas and experience to this discussion post? It will help us put out a free resource for the community. 😇
🌈 This week in Rosieland
Sometimes I feel like I don't do enough, and then I round it up in a newsletter and I realise I can give myself a little pat on the back.
🌟 New territory this week:
- 🎟 Journey Mapping for Communities [Pro] - Nov 15th, our first member-led event
- 🎟 Co-creating a Community Curriculum - Nov 17th - our goal is to give back as much as we can to the community, we're exploring open-sourcing a community curriculum
- View 30+ people on our "community people for hire" list (paid members), and add yourself here (free to anyone).
- 🌱 We've launched a Rosieland Sponsors package where companies can visibly support the work we are doing at Rosieland. We'll be giving our sponsors regular shout-outs in this newsletter (as you can see above) and you can find a list of them here.
🌤 Rosieland articles and discussions
- The case for the Community Executive Officer 📝
- How have you collaborated with your community? 💬
- How do we reach community people? 💬
📰 This week in community
- Is the concept of community being swallowed by marketing and ruining the career path? — Jillian Benbow (🚨 New community writer alert!)
- 7 Community Management Lessons from Ancient Mongol Tribes — George Samuels
- How the far right borrowed its online moves from gamers — Axios
- When Community is on 3 Teams in 5 Years — Community Signal
- Future-proof your community — Angela Jin
- The end of Twitter — Ben Werdmüller
- 5 Things Great Community Managers Have in Common with Great People Managers — Noele Flowers