🌧 Today I took my girls trick or treating and I got soaked!
There's literally no escaping all the talk, positive or negative, about Twitter. I'm trying hard to not get sucked into the current discussions and rumours.
As much as I love and have benefited from Twitter over the years, I do wish we would all invest our time and energy into niche communities with a longer term view. It's a big reason why I set up The Village, to have a space that in time will have all the questions and answers that community professionals need at their finger tips.
Social media has benefits, but the short-term, audience led and algorithm focus is pretty damaging and not always a good investment of our time.
What I am interested and curious about is seeing how the rise or fall of Twitter impacts communities everywhere. Social media is often a big part of community building, we can't deny that.
🌈 This week in Rosieland
- What is a community tool?
- We now have 37 people on our list of community people looking for their next job, get added.
- and there's a ton of discussions on The Village!
📰 This week in community
- Community: life’s ultimate sweetener - Derrick Chiu
- How To Use The Scientific Method To Grow Your Community In Record Time - Carlee Lloyd
- How Wolf Pack Dynamics Influenced My Career in Building Better Future Communities (Part 1) - George Samuels
- Community Strategy Design — Bill Johnston
- Dunbar's Number & Community Size - Supernuclear
- Launch House splits with law firm conducting its harassment investigation - TechCrunch 👀
✂️ Get the 16+ more news and articles [with paid membership]