🌈 It's wet and soggy, but the sun did come out. We spotted a rainbow!
Can we adapt how we use forums?
Simon Tomes has been experimenting with video in his forum posts which reminded me of how Game Quitters used their forum—they encouraged members start a thread to start logging and sharing their progress with the community.
Can we adapt forums for other things, like blogging?
🌈 On Rosieland
- Community Job Descriptions Database (research to compliment our jobs listings, community consultants and for hire list.)
📝 This week in community
- Advocate for Yourself as a Community Manager - Clocktower Advisors
- From Aspirational Marketing to Community-led Marketing - Brianna Leever
- What coliving is and why you might fall in love with it - Kat Vellos
- Mural Community Dissected - Bri Leever
- We Can’t Depend on Platforms Anymore - A media operator
- Moderation on Mastodon: there's a lot of work to do - Ben Werdmuller
✂️ Get links to 8+ more news and articles [with paid membership]
📰 News & Events
- YouTube Adds Quizzes as a Community Post Option, Expands Visual Editing Tools - Social Media Today
- Introducing Substack Letters - Substack
🏘 The Village
- Employer pre- hire communities
- Mastadon and other Twitter lifeboats
- What’s the first thing you do as a community builder every day?
🛎 Rosieland Marketplace
Highlights from our sponsors, our community consultants and jobs list.
Common Room - Get insights, take action, nurture and support your members, automate manual work,and measure the impact of your community wherever they are. Start for free.
Threado - the command center for community builders. Get insights, automate workflows, and activate more members across Slack, Discord, and other platforms.
Marilyn Bekolo - Founder of a full-service community management agency which supports the complete life cycle of community architecture and management to transform creators + businesses into impactful, innovative, and longstanding brands. We specialize in launching, nurturing, and growing virtual communities. Let's chat!
Kyle Bowen — We help museums and cultural organizations better understand the communities they support.
Head of Community - Mercury - SF, NY, Toronto, Portland, or remote
Head of Community - VivoBarefoot, UK