🌈 It's wet and soggy, but the sun did come out. We spotted a rainbow!
Simon Tomes has been experimenting with video in his forum posts which reminded me of how Game Quitters used their forum—they encouraged members start a thread to start logging and sharing their progress with the community.
Can we adapt forums for other things, like blogging?
🌈 On Rosieland
- Community Job Descriptions Database (research to compliment our jobs listings, community consultants and for hire list.)
📝 This week in community
- Advocate for Yourself as a Community Manager - Clocktower Advisors
- From Aspirational Marketing to Community-led Marketing - Brianna Leever
- What coliving is and why you might fall in love with it - Kat Vellos
- Mural Community Dissected - Bri Leever
- We Can’t Depend on Platforms Anymore - A media operator
- Moderation on Mastodon: there's a lot of work to do - Ben Werdmuller
✂️ Get links to 8+ more news and articles [with paid membership]
📰 News & Events
- YouTube Adds Quizzes as a Community Post Option, Expands Visual Editing Tools - Social Media Today
- Introducing Substack Letters - Substack
🏘 The Village
- Employer pre- hire communities
- Mastadon and other Twitter lifeboats
- What’s the first thing you do as a community builder every day?