⛄ It's been snowing!
As we come to the closing of 2022 I've been thinking about what a year it has been! A big part of this is life and the world not going according to plan.
Another part, for me at least is to focus more and not get distracted by the hype. As part of this, 2023 for Rosieland will be exploring how to be 'open'.
This can mean many things to many people. How the web was open 20 years ago is not how it can be open today. For me, it means an opportunity to explore how to build communities and Rosieland in with transparency, ethics and trustworthy-ness at the heart of our efforts.
Here are a few notes I gathered on the topic. Can you help us refine our thinking around this?
🌈 On Rosieland
- Community as the result of consistent, repeated small interactions
- Co-creating a community curriculum. Step one.
- Real stories of community journeys
- What are the sustainable sources of competitive advantages for communities?
- Is this the Community-Led? Is this just fantasy? (The Commsaur Case)
- How do you design for a support community?
📝 This week in community
I fell down so many rabbit holes and had to cut like 75% of the things I found. Paid members can view the full list.
- The way data is collected and used does not work for people or our communities - Connected by data
- Creative communities – Open Future
- A community isn’t a garden, it’s a bar. - Derek Powazek
- How I got involved in the Rust community - Adolfo Ochagavía
- How Notion leveraged community to build a $10B business | Camille Ricketts - Lenny's Podcast
- The Importance Of Designing Intentional Communities: A Conversation with Milly Tamati - CMX
- Microsoft Teams targets Facebook Groups with new ‘Communities’ feature - TechCrunch
️🛎 Rosieland Marketplace
I am passionate about creating connections through events and community, where people grow with collaboration, trust and kindness.
👩🏽💻 Find a community job