🥳 Happy Community Manager Appreciation Day!
I adapt each newsletter based on what I find each week. This one is 🔥.
✨ Communities of Practice
- A Guide to Community of Practices
- What strategies and approaches other CoP have used to show the value add of a community?
- Communities of Practice: State of the Nation Survey (Help Drew!)
🌈 The lurkers are lurking
- A mini community made guide to lurkers and lurking
- How can you turn a lurker into an active contributor?
📝 This week in community
Pete Heslop is looking for guests for his new podcast
- The Why and How to Starting Community User Research - Max Pete
- The 5 Pillars of Community Businesses - Tatiana Figueiredo
- Rules vs Principles - Super Nuclear
- TikTok is a Chinese Superweapon - Gurwinder
- Learn from Other Successful Communities - Community Musings
- What Can We Learn from Barnes & Noble's Surprising Turnaround? - The Honest Broker
- Empowering Employee Resource Group Leaders With Your Internal Community Platform - Community Signal
- Elevating Engagement: Uncommon Strategies for Creating a Thriving Member Community - Amanda Lea Kaiser
- Confronting Our Freedom: Leading a Culture of Chosen Accountability and Belonging - Peter Block / Peter Koestenbaum
- Collaborative Worldbuilding for Video Games - Kaitlin Tremblay
(View our curated community book list)
🛎 Rosieland Marketplace
Member Journey Mapping: In this workshop, we’ll apply the ideas around the user journey map to your community, finding creative ways to make your community engaged, generative, and cohesive, leading to more members who invest and grow.
Exploring Community Business Models - Community businesses need a different mindset, one that puts their people at the heart of decision making. Starting 7th of Feb.
Forum Collective - we've been meeting monthly to talk about forums. Our next session will be a discussion to explore AI and forums.
Confronting Our Freedom with Peter Block - Explore an alternative way of thinking about leadership and management, discuss concepts of accountability, freedom, and anxiety, andd share why this book is relevant in the current changing landscape of work.
We hope to see you there!
We hope to see you there!
Invision Community - Build and grow your community with our scalable and customizable community platform.
Common Room - Get insights, take action, nurture and support your members, automate manual work,and measure the impact of your community wherever they are. Start for free.
George Siosi Samuels - a blockchain community consultant. I help businesses create more productive communities and leverage blockchain technology - from startups to government. I also teach, advise, and write for one-person businesses looking to succeed in the space.
Sara Saunders - I partner with community teams to create and streamline operations. I love teaching how to use operations, templates, design and dashboards to support community needs.
👩🏽💻 Find a community job
Head of Community Growth - Remote
Senior Director of Community Relations - Austin - Hybrid
🙏 Thanks for reading.