A big thanks to our sponsors...
We (Rosie Sherry and James Cattell) ran 3 workshops, made lots of notes, and have now converted them into this curriculum outline. (The goal is to create a free / open source course.)
There are 3 sections:
- How to talk about community
- What is community
- Build a business case for community
I love thinking of citation as a community building practice to encourage us to seek ways to refer to other people's work intentionally.
I often think of community building as creating connections and nodes. Not just between people, but with ideas and conversations too. And this is kind of what citation is, the art of connecting it all together with intention.
🌈 This week in Rosieland
- It's not about ROI. It's about making it make business sense
- How Marie Poulin went from designer to Notion Mastery community founder
- I'm still keeping track of the Reddit strike
📝 This week in community
- How to Advocate for Trans Rights in Your Community - Wired
- This moment isn't about decentralization - Ben Werdmuller
- Creating business value with customer communities - Bill Johnston
- It’s Not a Computer, It’s a Companion! - A16Z