I'm big on questions, this is my resource and ongoing collection of them and the responses. All on Twitter. 🙌
- What's your job title?
- I've never liked the job title 'community manager', some better options on community roles...
- Where do you think community should sit within a company org?
- Would you rather...hire someone with community skills? OR train someone internally how to build community?
- How do communities make you a better person?
- Is it possible to teach people through questions?
- What are you doing to build stronger relationships?
- Are you in your element?
- What super powers should community builders have?
- What good habits should community builders have?
- Are you going after the right answers? Or the right questions?
- How would you describe yourself as a community builder?
- How do you learn about community building?
What is community?
- Define what community means to you in a tweet...
- Building community is about...
- Community is...
- What is community?
- How do you know when you have a community?
- What goes into designing a community?
- Do you behave differently when you feel heard?
- Does your community have a manifesto?
- How do you create energy when you build community?
- What makes your community special?
- What do we need to do to build healthy and sustainable communities?
- How do you build a good community? Wrong answers only.
- What things do you use to build your community?
- What behaviours are you practicing when building your community?
- What communities have you enjoyed being a part of?
- What paid communities are you a part of?
- How has the pandemic transformed your community?
- Are you building an audience or a community?
- What’s in your community playbook?
- What kind of legacy do you want to leave?
- What’s the hardest thing about building community?
- Why, in your humble opinion, do people join communities?
- Community building frameworks, what ones are missing?
- What’s something that feels like community building but isn’t?
- What communities have the best onboarding experiences?
- Should you build a community or just join one?
- If you join a community and promptly forgot about it, are you really part of that community?
- What makes you feel part of a community?
- How can people be good community members?
- Can a community really evey be 'self-sustaining'? Or is it just a myth?
- Tracking wrong metrics scares me in community building. #CommunityTwitter what scares you?
- What's the biggest mistake people make when building a community?
- Fill in the blank for your community: They come for ____________ They stay for ______________
- Tell me you are a community builder without telling me you're a community builder.
- What do observers in your community do?
- Followers are all good, but have you tried making friends?
- What are the biggest community building mistakes you see people make?
- Do we overcomplicate community building?
- Where does your community exist?
- How do you give as a community builder?
- Community builders: what are your biggest challenges?
- How do you feel about being a qualified lead?
- What rituals does your community practice?
- What does community mean to you?
- What do you do together with your community?
- What's a community builder's worst nightmare?
- Who is on a "community team of one"?
- What stops you from participating in forums?
- What makes a good community experience?
- What makes community building hard?
- What shared experiences does your community create?
- What sucks about community building?
- The problem with community these days __________________.
- What's one thing you thought was essential for community building, but now realize it isn't?
- What's the problem you are solving for your community?
- Why do communities fail?
- What's the last conversation you had with a member of your community?
- As a community builder, how do you justify time spent conversing and building relationships?
- What if the best voice to have is to be the one that enabled and instigated conversations?
Business of Community
- Communities and business models. What do you want to know?
- Can business communities ever bring a real sense of community?
- Marketing and sales have destroyed communities. Discuss.
- Human scaling communities
- Who is building community in public?
- Community shouldn’t exist under marketing because....
- How have you built community slowly?
- How do you pull people into your community?
- If you are not uplifting the unknown voices, are you even building community?
- In community, people come back when they...
- How can communities grow?
- How do you measure community?
- How do you build community? Funny answers only.
- If Monthly Recurring Relationships was a community metric, what would the formula be?
- How do you measure community? Wrong answers only.
- What are you using to build your community?
- What's your community tech stack?
- Can you build community with a (Google) document?
- Who curates content well?
- What does curation mean to you?
- How is curation important for community building?
The Community for Community
- Who writes, speaks, or creates around community building?
- Who is building community? And what is the community they are building?
- What people are building interesting communities?
- Who is an inspiring community builder?