This week in community building — Issue 101
There are lots of things around architecture that we can learn from and adapt for community building.
There will always be a place for big projects, but the fabric of good neighborhoods, towns, and cities is woven by small people doing small things.
And for many people, the biggest change is this: the business model of social networks has replaced the simple act of being in community.
🌈 This week in Rosieland
- In the evolution of the internet: let's make sure we're building an inclusive one. — Erin Mikail Staples
- Community Entry Points — Rosie Sherry [Pro]
- Web 2 community profits do not all go to the founders — Rosie Sherry
- Positive Reinforcement Flywheels driving Community Habits — Erin Mikail Staples
- Cultivating Communities: recording, notes and resources now available [Pro]
🌐 This week in community around the web
- Co-creation and the new landscapes of design — Elizabeth B.-N. Sanders & Pieter Jan Stappers
- Confucius — Why we need rituals — Ralph Ammer
- 10 Things I've learnt being an AWS Developer Advocate — Derek Bingham
- Dos and Don’ts of Managing an Already Built Community — Elodie Dincuff
- Why People Are Paying $100K+ To Change Their Profile to a Digital Ape — Peter Yang
- How to Launch a Creator DAO — SuperConnected
- Peloton's Flat Tire — The Flywheel
- How to design great incentives? — Super Connected
- Managing the Doors to Your Community — Patrick McCrann
- Building Employee-level KPIs For Your Community Team — Lauren Clevenger
🎙 Podcasts & Videos & Rackets
- Building Inclusive Communities with Kindness and Empathy — HashiCorp
- Episode 56 ~ Creating Intentional Communities — Social LIghts
- The Role of Communities in Navigating Disruption - With Charlene Li — Cohere
- The Community Wayback Machine with Howard Rheingold — Masters of Community
- The CX 001: Ending the Loneliness Epidemic with Jillian Richardson — The Community Experience
- The CX 002: Unboxing Community in the Pokemon Card Niche with Pat Flynn — The Community Experience
- The CX 003: Navigating the Business of Belonging with David Spinks — The Community Experience
- Forming relationships and a leadership team for a community — Rosie Sherry + Maricris Bonzo
- What Community Folk can learn from Academia — Erin Mikail + Venia Logan
- The #Ship30for30 Community — Building a Habit — Erin Mikail + Tina Amper
- How game design can help with creating a more fulfilling community — Rosie Sherry + Prabhjot Singh Lamba
- Reddit bans anti-vaccine subreddit r/NoNewNormal after site-wide protest — The Verge
- Loot is a viral social network that looks like nothing you've ever seen — Platformer
- Twitch streamers are taking a day off to protest hate raids — Engadget
- Why metaverse builders want to create safe, consensual virtual worlds — Digiday
Don't know how to get started with community building?https://t.co/FIfcYJsqv6
Begin by reflecting on your own first... Here I share 4 questions that can guide you in building your own community
Thanks to Yen of https://t.co/5sLhoNNQOr for reaching out on racket 💛#Tweet100
September 2, 2021
🚀 The Community Experience Podcast launches today!
I'm honored to be cohosting this show with the inimitable @JillianBenbow, with the support of the incredible folks at @teamSPI.
Getting community right is as important as ever. Join us as we explore:https://t.co/0jR7wYYBqF pic.twitter.com/NSyPq3AQcB
August 31, 2021
Pariss Athena | Founder of Black Tech Pipeline🍁
I’m going to write a thread about community. It’s not going to be the sweet side of building a community, it’s the lessons I’ve learned since running a community and the stress that came along with it.
[A THREAD lol]
September 4, 2021