⛈ Hello, today in Rosieland it is grey, windy and rainy!
I'm pulling together the Minimum Viable Community course which will launch next month.
To me, a Minimum Viable Community is the smallest action you can take to bring people together, with the view to learn and build community flywheels upon your actions.
I'd love to include real-life examples of MVCs. Do you have a MVC experiment worth sharing? Reply to this email if this is something you are able to share.
(I'll give you free access to the course if we use your example.)
🌤 Psst, come hang on our Rosieland Discord or Twitter Community casual community chat
✍️ This week in community...
- This Party Sucks, Why Haven't We Left — Anne Helen Petersen
- The loneliness of the community manager: unclear tasks and little support — Marta Mainieri
- Optimizing your Community Operations — Andrew Claremont
- Cyclical re-commitment: The importance of allowing community members to choose their roles regularly — Fabian Pfortmüller
- Five Brand Community Building Models That Succeed (and why many fail) — Richard Millington
- Your first 30 days in a new DevRel role — Tessa Kriesel
- Misuse of Community is Endemic in Web3 — Community Signal
- Discord is a black hole for information — KnockOut
- ‘My life is not my own. I eat, breathe and sleep this’: the single mother who has fed 100,000 neighbours — The Guardian
- Running a Paid Membership Program — Craig Mod
- The Team Behind Among Us Is Building Better Communities — Wired
- The Community Career Map: A Free Template for Community Managers and Teams — David Spinks
🛠 Community Tools
- All Contributors — Recognize All Contributors. Including those that don't push code
- TogetherNet — Consentful tech for micro-communities
- Charla — Community Intelligence Platform for Online Communities