☀️ Good day everyone!
🌟 This week I published a 3000+ word guide to community flywheels which pulls together my thoughts and previous writing on the topic from the past couple of years.
📅 I've been reconsidering events that I'm hosting and seeing as conversations are at the heart of community building I'm going to be hosting events in the format of 'Community Conversations' rather than presentations.
💬 The first one up is one on Conversation Strategy, I hope you can join us! Conversations are important to me as it really helps have an excuse to connect and explore ideas. I have this burning desire to connect and explore rather than present.
🌈 Let me know if you'd like to host a Community Conversation!
☁️ One final thing for this weeks commentary. Those that know me know that I love writing, documenting and tweeting. I normally dump ideas on Twitter, but increasingly I'm going to be dumping them more on Rosieland and with a slight expansion. It's important to me that I build up a 'Rosieland brain' that becomes very searchable and useful to those around me.
I've named these 'reflections' and this is mostly for paid subscribers. I won't be emailing them out individually.
- Why WhatsApp Communities Will Be Great for Developing Countries — Kourosh Ghaffari
- Ritualistic Community Examples — Victoria Cumberbatch
- The Four Stages of Competence (And How They Help You Onboard Community Members Better) — Brianna Leever
- A starter kit for building community strategy — Sarah Drinkwater
- Tuesday Open Thread: School-based Parent Communities — New_Public
- Algorithms, lies, and social media — NiemanLab
- The Future of Reputation Score Will Be Community Specific. What Trade-Offs Will Communities Face To Quantify Reputation Better? — Eliot Couvat
🏘 The Village
- How to re-engage community members?
- Should every community have a community page?
- Whatsapp Communities Update from the perspective of my middle eastern mom
🛠 Resources, Tools & Communities
- Softr no-code for online communities
- Wunder — The first community app for parents and caregivers of children who learn and think differently.
- WhatsApp to launch ‘Communities’ — more structured group chats with admin controls — TechCrunch
- Elon Musk Demonstrates How Little He Understands About Content Moderation — TechDirt
- How to turn a school around with love: ‘People are so very grateful that we care’ — The Guardian
🎙 Podcast & Videos
- Why you need a product community (and why you need to be a part of one like ours) — Scott Baldwin
- Cults and Community Heartbreak — Microsolidarity
- We the power — Patagonia
- Lenny Rachitsky Talks the 'Why' Behind Lenny's Newsletter & its Community — Uncommon Conversations
- Another Community Cycle and What's Different (and the same) This Time — Cohere
- Network vs. Community with Michael Martin — The Community-Led Show
- Scott Gerber on What Goes Into a Great Professional Community — A Media Operator
- Connecting Through Shared Loss with Mary Horn of The Dinner Party — Community Experience
- Community Advocate — Userlist
- Co-Founder (community/marketing) — Ryle
We currently have ✨ 25 people in our Rosieland Talent Pool ✨. If you're looking for your next community role then join as a candidate or get access if you are actively hiring.
- Community Conversations: Conversation Strategy — Rosieland
- How to grow your community — a workshop by James, Arfah and Imran
- Community Documentation — Community Opseravations
- Build your Minimum Viable Community — Rosieland