New focus on community. Mozilla must continue to be part of something larger than ourselves, part of the group of people looking for a better internet. Our open source volunteers today — as well as the hundreds of thousands of people who donate to and participate in Mozilla Foundation’s advocacy work — are a precious and critical part of this. But we also need to go further and think about community in new ways. We must be increasingly open to joining others on their missions, to contribute to the better internet they’re building.
Help your community navigate through tough conversations and promote education through participation.
I think I need to book a few weeks holiday just to go through the things in here. Check out the link to the Notion resource they have. 🤔
Human Systems is a research network and training program, organized around one global challenge: redesigning social systems so as to better support meaningful lives and human values.
From Julian Stodd
Simple connectivity is not enough: we can be connected and yet still socially dysfunctional. We can be connected and yet isolated or blind to new truths.
But, if we learn the skills and behaviours of these new spaces, if we are authentic in our actions, if we earn our Social Authority and reputation based power, we can become both connected and effective. Existing as part of a multitude of high functioning social Communities, and hence transformed.
And more community goodness…
- Resources for Empowering Black Communities - Discord
- Substack and the Rise of Creator-Driven Campfires - The Digital Campfire Download 📺
- Creating Abundant Communities - Daniellexo
- Building Online Communities is 2020s Networking… Here’s Why - Ammo Somal, Phlywheel
- How to host a great community event using just a Google Doc! - Tony Bacigalupo 📺
- Why did we sacrifice our anonymity? - Andy McIlwain
- True social feed - what's the global secret? - Niklas Lohmann
- Why Startup Communities are Essential - Duct Tape Marketing 🎧
- a16z Podcast: Working, Making, Creating in Public… and Private - a16z 🎧
- Creating Community Focused on Shared Experiences - Duct Tape Marketing 🎧
- How Brands Like Google, Twitch, and Sephora Built Brand Communities — and How You Can, Too - Charles Vogl and Carrie Melissa Jones
- SPI 428: Inside the Start of an Online Membership Community with Kevin Fremon - Smart Passive Income 🎧
- How to build an online community (and why I’m all in on Circle) - Jay Clouse
- a16z Podcast: Turning Open Source Developers Into Superfans - a16z 🎧
- Masnick's Impossibility Theorem: Content Moderation At Scale Is Impossible To Do Well - TechDirt
- Community (re)Focus - Grazitti Interactive 🗓
- Healing Through Plants and Community with Jodianne Beckford - Create Community 🎧
- Making friendship more “user-friendly” 🤝 Kat Vellos, Author of We Should Get Together - Get Together 🎧
- Metrics, KPIs, and OKRs - OH MY - Community Pulse 🎧
- Co-creating Business With Your Community: A Conversation With Vincent Boon - Bill Johnston, Structure3c