So you've made a mistake and it's public...
The following is a bit of advice on how to handle having made a mistake with public consequences. It is based on considerable experience making and observing mistakes in the Wikimedia movement.
Strava raises $110 million, touts growth rate of 2 million new users per month in 2020
Already in 2020, Strava has seen significant growth. The company claims that it has added over 2 million new “athletes” (how Strava refers to its users) per month in 2020. The company positions its activity tracking as focused on the community and networking aspects of the app and service, with features like virtual competitions and community goal-setting as representative of that approach.
[Inside the Business] with Lindsay Gabbard and Alessandro Pepe
Run With It Podcast
Restaurants have been hit hard during COVID-19. Listen to us brainstorm ways Lindsay and Alessandro can leverage their wine club and community to support their workforce and recover lost income.
More this week...
- The rise of community-curated knowledge networks — Sari Azout
- Hopin raises $125 million at $2.1 billion valuation as virtual events become the norm — Venture Beat
- Making Magic: Connection and Belonging at Online Events — Danielle Maveal
- Expanding Greenfield’s chicken community — Chickens need community too! 🐔🥚
- Facebook bans ‘STOP THE STEAL’ group Trump allies were using to organize protests against vote counting — Washington Post
- Learning 2020 – Glossary [Pt 3] — Julian Stodd
- Community Based Marketing strategy - brand new guide to CBM — Guild
- Launch day — Jake McGee & Greg Hyland, Home Game
- Startup community fatigue — Startups to Last
- Moderation of online communities with Shana Sumers — Community Club
- The Community That Teaches Languages and Powers Duolingo — Community Signal
- Get Together: Going Virtual with The Dinner Party — I'm going, are you?!
- Episode 036 - Budget Process Time! Some Resources We Are Thinking we need for 2021 on Community — Peers Over Beers
- Activate Your Community to Build Better Products and Ignite Adoption — Brian Oblinger
- Defining Community for Businesses — Mac Reddin
- Engagement That Scales – Episode #19: Travis King on Authenticity and Connection — The Community Roundtable
- Community Pulse - Episode 53 - Budget Rules Everything Around Me — Community Pulse
- Issue #35: Memes and Belonging — Future of Belonging
- 📻 — Don't Forget to "Start with Why" for a New Community — YEN.FM
- How to Moderate Talks, Panels, Meetings, More (Virtual and Beyond!) — a16z
- Comet — The ideal toolbox for Slack and Discord community admins. Supercharge your community.
- MeetButter — an all-in-one platform built with all the tools you need to host interactive workshops, training sessions and live courses.