The Buy Nothing Project Is Building A Custom Sharing App
🤞 Is there a trend towards custom building and moving away from Facebook?
We’re excited to share some big news with the world. We’re finally actively building a custom platform for Buy Nothing sharing: ShareThing, https://www.buynothing.live/. We’re just in the beginning stages of development, but our plan is for it to be a free experience for everyone to Give, Ask, and share their Gratitude on any device. We’ll be able to add features that will address the pain points we experience with the Facebook Groups architecture as well as add some new features we think people will really love. ShareThing will not replace the Buy Nothing Project, it will be a platform built from scratch to host the Buy Nothing movement as it continues to grow.
- The High Price of Mistrust — Farnam Street
- Rituals for kings, stem cells, and Zoom calls — Matt Webb
- Introducing Birdwatch, a community-based approach to misinformation — Twitter
- Introducing RoamLab: A Framework for Building Community Labs — Kyle Stratis
- Why Communities Struggle to Get Things Done: How to Keep the Throttle Down — Strong Towns
- SoulCycle & Mistaking Exclusivity for Community — CafeSociety (h/t Bailey Richardson)
- How I keep track of my connections — Katerina Bohlec
- Maintaining Relationships—Uncommunity
- Choosing a Community Platform? Focus on Behaviors, Not Features—Jerod Morris
- 💡What Can a Public Imagination Bring to Light? — New_Public by Civic Signals
- My Community Journey: From the Island to the Mainland — Danielle Maveal
- Issue #45: Cultivating Belonging at Work — Future of Belonging
- How to invite people to your community — Tatiana Figueiredo
- The Loop: Our Community & Public Platform strategy & roadmap for Q1 2021 — Stack Overflow
- Hacking Communities — Laís de Oliveira 📚
- The secret to building things developers love — Orbit Love
- Help:Making a successful community — Fandom wiki
- 🟢 #4 What is Community-Hacking? — Francisco Fonseca
- Building real bonds amongst diverse groups of strangers 💖 Sophie Mona Pagès, LVRSNFRNDS — Get Together
- Connecting over the food & family we love 🍲 Sarah Leung, Woks of Life — Get Together
- Episode 044 - Business Meetings, Quarterly and Best Practices for Community and Digital Meetings — Peers Over Beers
- Designing Inclusive Moderation Programs with Shana Sumers — Masters of Community
- EP79: Hacking Communities w/ Lais de Oliveira — The Community Corner, Beth McIntyre
- Kumu — Kumu makes it easy to organize complex data into relationship maps that are beautiful to look at and a pleasure to use.
- PubPub — The open-source, privacy-respecting, all-in-one collaborative publishing platform for communities small and large.
- Remote Experience Generator — Double Take Labs
- Backyard — Backyard merges flawless video, voice & text chat with everyone's favorite games, all in one place.
- Pluto — Create your virtual world.
- Sponsor My Community — Helping community leaders make money