The Roam Summit is a new collaboration aimed at bringing the brightest minds in the Roam community together to share, discuss, and debate best practices and methodologies.
Through live-streaming panels, interviews, and small group sessions, the Roam Summit will highlight the tools, thought processes, strategies, and tactics that lead to success with this powerful tool for thought.
More community reading:
- Social influence — How brands can strategically use it — Ana Andjelic, The Sociology of Business
- Reddit’s transparency report shows battle against spam but relatively few government requests — TechCrunch
- How much does the Community Belonging Path relate to your community members? — Simon Tomes
- 🔈Live from the Internet, Here Comes Audio Social Media — New Public
- The Future of Social Audio: Startups, Roadmap, Business Models, and a Forecast — Jeremiah Owyang
- What is community? — Jay Clouse
- How to moderate an online community. A list of skills, tips, and tricks. — Corina Stirbu
- A Mission to Make Virtual Parties Actually Fun — Wired
- I helped build ByteDance's vast censorship machine — Protocol
- Deplatforming Works — Vice
- Very basic story gathering — Chris Corrigan
- Consistency — Brian Morrissey
- Niche Communities — Signals
- Welcome to the Spontaneous Internet — Greg Isenberg
- Community Builder Origin Stories — Tatiana Figueiredo
- Issue #47: Artifacts and Belonging — Future of Belonging
- Bartender Savagely Kicks A Polite Nazi Customer Out Of His Bar And Explains Why It’s Important To Do So — BoredPanda
- Listening with kindness. — Brigid Russell
- Measuring Community Metrics With Patrick Woods — Technically True
- Growing a community one town hall at a time 💰 Claire Wasserman, Ladies Get Paid — Get Together
- Episode 047 - Is Clubhouse the New Thing? Also Michael is Setting The Stage for Online Community for the Bank — Peers Over Beers
- EP82: How Codecademy Builds Community — The Community Corner
- Building Deeper Friendships with Kat Vellos — Masters of Community
🛠 Tools & Resources
- Jam — an open source audio space for chatting, brainstorming, debating, jamming, micro-conferences and more.
- Skittish, a playful virtual space for online events.
- Self-Organising System — Extinction Rebellion