This week in community building — Issue 78
Promoting salary transparency & pay equity amongst design professionals across industries, experience levels & geographies.
- When we lack resources to cope with situations, we reach out to our social support network.
- If people in our social support network do not have the means to help us (time, money, energy, information), we feel helpless, Our mental health deteriorates.
- Thinking about how people in our social support network are related to each other helps create a solid and cohesive social support network.
- Companies should recognize and reward the voluntary support employees provide to each other to reduce turnover intention.
Below is a sampling of projects that excavate what it means to be a woman online, exploring the nuances between cyberfeminism and transfeminist values, and writing from a more intersectional place.
✍️ This week's articles
- Growing a Community is Like Growing a Garden — Krystal Wu
- How Entrepreneurs Can Make Their Online Community Feel like an Exclusive Party on Social Media — Jerine Nicole
- How I keep in touch with my community — Rashid Elhawli
- Issue #49: Belonging and Narratives — Future of Belonging
- Before you organize another Zoom call, try this approach instead. — Alex Hillman
Community over code: building successful open source projects — Denis Magda, DevRel
- Clubhouse promises its accelerator participants either brand deals or $5K per month during the program — TechCrunch
- The NYT Cooking Community Facebook group is imploding — The Takeout
🎧 Podcasts & Videos
- 30: A nice, big, warm hug between Marketing and Community — In Before The Lock
- Holding Communities for Community Professionals to a Higher Standard — Community Signal
- How to set up a paid online community really quick using Carrd, Stripe, Airtable and Slack — Make Something With Romy
- How To Build a Social Media Community with Matthew Kobach — Masters of Community
- Creating Kinder Gaming Communities with Victoria Tran of Among Us — Create Community
- DevRel Content Channels — Community Pulse
- Inside Bootkamps.com, a platform to manage your cohort-based courses — AirParty
- Power of Community: Summer of Friendship #8 — Call Your Girlfriend
- AMA with Carmen Taubman, CommunityCoach Founder — AirParty
- Building the Future of Belonging at Work — Vanessa Mason
1. Get out there (virtually)
2. Lift up underrepresented and marginalised folks
3. Balance internal goals with community ambition
4. Find a way to measure success
5. Give back to community
6. Through adversity anything is possiblehttps://t.co/kw2KQuZRsB
March 20, 2021