Alice Katter | Drop Design
Fostering belonging in a virtual first working world: empowering teams to self-organized human connection.
A Media Operator
Subscriptions or memberships. What should you be building?
You’d think as media professionals, we’d be happy just knowing that there are companies out there generating direct revenue from readers. But I’ve noticed this narrative that we need to think about more than just the subscription. We need to think about memberships.
Rosie Sherry / Orbit
At the heart of community building we need to have the freedom and power to give.
- The Community Creator Economy with Erin Mikail Staples — Rosie Sherry (we recorded our first Racket! 💥)
- It was never just a Slack: How Charlie Ward built Weekend Club — Rosie Sherry / Orbit
- How community at Teal is core to their offering of helping people navigate their career — Build With Users
- Followers vs Audience vs Community in 2021 — The Communities Show
- Issue #50: Belonging and Transformative Resilience — Future of Belonging
- Community isn’t fast because it’s centered on human beings. Uncommunity #20 — Uncommunity
- What’s possible here & who cares? A powerful question for any community — Fabian Pfortmüller
- Rebuilding A Community Platform In Webflow — Mike Williams
- Tech Policy Design Lab pilot: building solutions to tackle online abuse of women — Web Foundation
- Why our dislikes should be celebrated as much as our likes — The Conversation
Creators & Fandoms Meets Community
🐰 Erin went down a creator x fandom x community rabbit hole…
- Miku created Minecraft: How queer vocaloid fandom brought a parody account to infamy — Hardnoise
- The Desire Chamber: Clubhouse and the Rise of Sophomoric Solutions to Adult Problems — Anti-Mimetic
- Facebook Wants To Help Creators And I'm Worried — Galaxy Brain
- Stan Twitter: Examining The Empowering And Toxic Nature Of Online Fandoms — VMP
- a tumblr book: platform and cultures — Michigan Press
- Do newsrooms have to be in … newsrooms? — Poynter
- Five takeaways about Facebook's pivot to audio — Platformer
- What Substack Is Really Doing to the Media — Slate
- EP90: How to Build a Developer Community w/ Stephen van der Heijden — The Community Corner
- Creator Tools Drive Community Interest and Revenue for Old Call of Duty Games — Community Signal
- Announcing Season 2 of the Cohere podcast with co-host Dr. Lauren Vargas! — Bill Johnston
- Eradicating Harassment in Creator Communities with Communyco's Bar Kirshon — Create Community
- Hive — Run masterminds on autopilot at scale
- Community Copilot — Build a Slack or Circle community where every member feels valued.
🤝 Community of the Week:
Helping Creatives - Helping Creatives follow their story, not a career path.