👋Hey everyone! I have some updates to share with Rosieland. 🌈
It's been a long and slow Rosieland transition away from Substack. To think the original plan was to move by November last year. 🙈 We're now just about there, though there will be things that need tidying up over the next few weeks. Including deleting my Substack. All future emails will be sent through Convertkit and weekly curated content made available on Rosieland.
I'm building in public, being as open and as honest as I can be with all the things and whilst also bearing in mind the limited time I have to actually sit down and write things. Here's how it all took me longer than expected.
For now, what you need to know is that emails are now being sent via Convertkit and our content and 'community digital garden' is hosted on Rosie.land. I'll provide more updates in the coming weeks.
Here are a few things we've been sharing recently:
- Businesses are communities too
- Can you create community in places like Instagram?
- It doesn't have to be community-first
- What vocabulary do you use for your own habits, routines, rituals, etc?
- The Future of the Community Creator Economy
❤️ Onwards to our weekly curated email...
By Benedict Evans
"However, it often now seems that content moderation is a Sisyphean task, where we can certainly reduce the problem, but almost by definition cannot solve it..."
More community news...
- Let’s build some community flywheels — Rosie Sherry
- My experience with sexual harassment in the Scala community — Yifan
- I grew an online community to $100K ARR over one year, AMA! — Anne-Laure Le Cunff
- You Are Not a Guest — Leela Corman, Tablet
- How Our Slack Community Grew to 1,000 Users and 115,000 Messages in 7 Months — John Lafleur
- Is your community a small world? — Katerina Bohle Carbonell
- WorkingOutLoud on Community Building — Julian Stodd
- The hidden burnout of community builders — Georgia Ritter
- Exclusive: Inside Snapchat's push to make cameras more inclusive — Axios
- Icebreaker is now Gatheround — Perry Rosenstein
🎧 Audio & Video
- What’s the best way to start a conversation? Yina says ask a question — Reddy2Go
- Making Money Mindfully with Communities with Sara (@saranosocks) — Rosie Sherry
- A Community Management Pioneer at Microsoft with Alex Blanton — Masters of Community