🌈 Hello again from Rosieland!
Another week is here and I'm bringing you something new — a Rosieland forum! I've affectionately called The Village. You see, Rosieland is a land, and it needs places within it to go. 🤣
The Village is one such place.
A forum is important because I feel there is so much to share and discuss in the community world. These are things that need love, curating, discussing and collaborating on. A chat space like Slack or Discord have their purposes, but I believe in forums for longer-term, intentional, findable and deeper discussions that can all bring bigger impact.
The community world needs it. And to be frank, I keep asking questions on Twitter, but really I should be doing those and other forms of loose ideas and notes on a forum.
The Village is live and in transition. There will be more categories and improvements coming soon. I just want to focus on shipping and keep moving forward.
🙏🏽 Please join, this is free and for everyone.
Here are some discussions that may be of interest:
- What would you like to see less of in the community craft?
- How would you measure the ROI on this Webflow Community Grants initiative?
- Tell me the mistakes you made in your first Community Manager role
- What’s your go to tech stack?
- What are forums great for?
- Meta list of best templates and resoures for managing up the chain to c-suite!
Onwards to more in the community world...
✍ Articles & Blogs
- How Community Managers Can Use Three Simple Questions to Discover Who Belongs — Simon Tomes
- 🌈 Kickstarting Your Community: Build Your Minimum Viable Community — A Rosieland course
- Offensive and Defensive Community Onboarding — Ian Vanagas
- End-to-end community attribution: Quantifying impact from a revenue perspective — Steven Yum
- How to Build and Grow a Developer Champion Program — Luca Buchholz, Camunda
- Community Plumbing — Places Journal
- Issue #58: Bravery and Belonging — Future of Belonging
- Inside the bubble — Seth Godin
- Community Saves the World — The Vital Edge
- Lessons From 19 Years in the Metaverse — Charlie Warzel
- 62: Read the room — IB4TL
- Deepfakes in Your Community are Inevitable — Community Signal
- Episode 83 - Special Guest Jake McKee - Dinner 5, User Testing and Onboarding — Peers Over Beers
- Episode 32: Becoming a Proactive Introvert — Meetup
- Community Conversations – Episode #80: Marjorie Anderson — The Community Roundtable
- Community Operations Manager — Business of Community
- Head of Creator Community — Patreon
- Community Manager — Pesto
We currently have ✨ 24 people in our Rosieland Talent Pool ✨. If you're looking for your next community role then join as a candidate or get access if you are actively hiring.
- 🌈 A Brainstorm: Ecommerce x Community — Rosieland
- 🌈 A Rosieland Guide to Community Marketing — Rosieland
- 🌈 Community Chat — Rosieland
- Hybrid Events on a Budget — Bramble
🛠 Resources, Tools & Communities
- Think Links icebreakers Miro board template by Emily Webber
- Letter Exchange — Letter Exchange is a group of skilled professionals representing the full range of lettering disciplines from calligraphy and letter cutting to typography and font design.
- Open Source Design — Bringing great design to Open Source Software
- Webflow Community Grants — investing $10,000,000 into the Webflow community through grants and reimbursements to start and scale community-led events and resources.
- 📚 Mastering Community — Christine Porath
- Twitter Continues to Evolve Communities and Other Topic-Based Engagement Options in the App — Social Media Today
- Following suicides and lawsuits, Snapchat restricts apps building on its platform with new policies — TechCrunch
- CSS-Tricks is joining DigitalOcean! — CSS-Tricks