Last week I peopled and it was amazing to speak to my kind of community people in real life.
I got started in community with peopling IRL at meetups. Online is nice, but it will never match the real deal.
Let 2022 be the year I get to meet more of you! 🥳
- Slow growth — The Rebooting
- What we learned from Substack writers about community building — Bailey Richardson
- Introducing Common Room, the intelligent community growth platform — Common Room
- We all have an audience — Benn Stancil
- Connections Between Permaculture & Systems Practice — Inspiring Communities
- Let's Build a Culture of Valuing Community Experience — Rosieland
- Finding Product/Market Fit with Community — Linda Lian
🛠 Resources, Tools & Communities
- Common Room — intelligent community growth platform. Launched on Product Hunt today. ⭐️
- humand - create a digital community for your company
🚜 Tactics & Operations
- My event facilitation checklist — Nivi Achanta
- Why Moderating Content Actually Does More To Support The Principles Of Free Speech — TechDirt
- Engaging community members on Reddit: 3 original content formats — Elodie Dincuff
- How I Created a System to Transform Communities into Economies and Ecosystems — Osioke Itseuwa
- Encouragement is Actually Important — Ian Vanagas
- 53 Tried-and-tested Engagement Plays For Community — Commsor
🎨 Strategy & Design
- Communities need a budget — Marta Mainieri
- The recipe for building an offline community — Peter Staal
- A Guide For Designing Online Community Governance — Austin Robey
- Do we undervalue the role of personal interest in purpose-driven communities? — Fabian Pfortmüller
- The lifecycle of an online community — Osioke Itseuwa
- “You never know when you need relationships, but when you do, you need them fast” — Fabian Pfortmüller
- A community and a practice are not the same, but they are brilliant together — Emily Webber
- Consolidate your platforms — Tom Ross
🎙 Podcast & Videos
- Collective Intelligence: The Differentiator of Community-Led Growth — Greylock Partners
- #FOSSBack: Bertrand Delacretaz – Surviving large online communities with conciseness and clarity — Plain Schwarz
🏘 The Village
- What does being community-led actually mean?
- What are your thoughts on community “levels” in Orbit and Common Room?
- Is the forum vs. chat dichotomy intrinsic, or a problem that just hasn’t been solved yet?
We currently have ✨ 24 people in our Rosieland Talent Pool ✨. If you're looking for your next community role then join as a candidate or get access if you are actively hiring.
- 🌈 A Rosieland Guide to Community Marketing — Rosieland
- Guild Community Conference
- Community Documentation — Community Opseravations
- The Community Hour: Episode 2 & Pay It Forward!
- Fueled by $52M in funding, Common Room unveils ‘intelligent community growth platform’ — GeekWire
- Twitter user sentenced to 150 hours of community service in UK for posting ‘offensive’ tweet — The Verge