🌈 Welcome to another day in Rosieland.
✋ Is it Community Compatible?
I was in the flow of writing and the term ‘Community Compatible’ came to mind, so I thought I’d write a few words on it.
What does Community Compatible mean?
🌻 Offer the option to 'resign'
This won’t apply to every community and I feel it becomes a big admin task as it’s not designed into the community software that people use.
How easy will you make it for people to leave the community? And what are the consequences of data they’ve left behind or requested to be removed?
This example is from Mentor Cruise. I like how they’ve used the wording “I resign”.
🌈 This week in Rosieland
- How Kt McBratney went from marketer to co-founder and Chief Community Officer - Sara Saunders
- How Often to Look at Metrics?
- Gathering with community people irl this year?
- Social media/Marketing and Community Roles
🏆 Member Wins
- No-Code Exits experimenting with lifetime memberships.
- Fractional United getting awesome feedback.
- Josh Grose invited three speakers and got a trio of yeses.
📝 This week in community
- Scratch is the world’s largest coding community for children - HackerNews
- Open conversation isn't attracting more members like you think - Bri Leever
- How to Write a Brief for Your Next Community Project (Template Included) - Sarah Greisdorf
🛎 Rosieland Marketplace
Highlights of events, sponsors, our community consultants and jobs list.
👩🏽💻 Find a community job