🏖 The clock is ticking Rosieland Retreat!
🔥 Oops, I've started a new daily community newsletter
Before you shout out "ROSIE, BUT WHY?!" Hear me out! Or "trust in Rosie" 🤣and take the quick path and subscribe to the daily Continuous Community newsletter.
My original reasoning turned into an essay, here's the bullet point version:
- The focus of the newsletter is are high level and short community takes with a read time of 1-2 minutes
- I want to save people time by having light community takes in one place
- I have a huge archive of community things I've shared on social, want to say, are more obscure or hard to find
- I love social, but I don't trust it long term
- I was reluctant to do this on Rosieland as it would overwhelm the content experience
- It's designed to get you thinking, remind you of community ideas and hopefully inspire you along the way
- Some of it will be new, other parts will be edited or further elaborated
- I love using and experimenting and using different platforms to keep me on my toes
- The newsletter will be 100% free with future options to support it
- Read the post from today: The 80/20 conversations rule of community
(PS. I actually started this months ago, but lacked clarity on how to move forward, this is attempt No 2 😅)
When you're starting community, really you are designing one
A little something I wrote a while back that I resurfaced and beautified.
Conversations with real people matter
As social networks begin to fill with AI-generated crap, it occurs to me that the small, independent web will be the last place where you know you'll find content and conversations from real people.